Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pharmacy Woes

I don't know about you but I love to hate going to the pharmacy, especially with the older pharmacy techs working the check out.  Their judgemental eyes and facial expressions as they hand you your prescription.  I love me some penicillin as much as the next person and I definitely wasn't blessed with the best health genes so some days I feel like a frequent flyer at Walgreens. 

I was blessed with getting cold sores; I know what you're thinking why is this girl getting a prescription for this when she could get some Abreva over the counter and be on her merry little way.  I used to be able to do that, but then these cold sores became immune, vicious, and started scaring my face!  After that my dermatologist and primary doctor suggested getting a prescription for something stronger.

This past week, I woke up with yet again another cold sore.  I called my doctor and told them, asking for a prescription.  Normally, they give me 3-5 refills; oh but not this time.  What did I get?   There I am standing at the pharmacy pick up window, when the older woman hands me my prescription with the Grandmother disapproving look on her face.  I was kind of confused by this but just blew it off normally they look at me weird ( kind of get used to it).  Then I read the label on my pill bottle.  The bottle said- Unlimited refills for a year. Awesome. The pharmacy tech thinks I have genital herpes.  Wtf?!  Lady look at my face, it's a cold sore for crying out loud- seriously lady.  haha Gotta love people assuming things about you when they couldn't be more wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment