Monday, November 14, 2011

Bowling Shark, Adult Beverages, Laughter...

This weekend I traveled north to Fort Collins, it was time to get my hair did, celebrate my friends birthday, see my FoCo family, meet with a great mentor, and just spend time with some great friends!  The weekend was the needed refresher that I needed; packed with fun, laughter, and adult beverages.  It always amazes me how great it feels to go back and visit...it's nice being missed.  On the other hand it is also very odd to go back and visit; sometimes the saying, "you can't go back to the way things were, some things will never be the same" couldn't be more true.  What will never be the same?  Some of my relationships with people in FoCo and how I feel about the town.  My relationship with FoCo has always been love/hate but then again I feel that is fairly typical when you are in college.  What makes FoCo so great is the people; once they move away, will it be the same?  Probably not; FoCo will have lost its luster, its heart if you will. 

My weekend started and ended out the best I knew how, spending time in the CAHS computer labs! Yes, you read that right; I started and ended my weekend doing homework.  Printing off articles for papers I need to write and helping a friend write an amazing persuasive speech.  I had the privilege of attending CSU dance recital-love loved this, went out on the town, had drinks and dinner with friends, and even went bowling!  Friday night, I went bowling with the boys in addition to some fabulous ladies.  haha I normally don't do well bowling, I'm lucky if I break 100!  Not this weekend, I owned that game!  I bowled a 147, started out the game with 2 strikes and ended it with 3 strikes in the last frame!!  The guys thought I was trying to hustle them, and if the bet is upheld I should have Rockies season tickets coming my way. haha I doubt I'll ever see those tickets but it was still great to beat the boys :) ...with love from FoCo...




No comments:

Post a Comment