Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Extra help to get me through the day

I've had a couple good days with a few not so great days in my recovery process lately when that happens I never quite know how to react.  Be upset? Frustrated? Accepting?  I mean I knew this would happen but I guess I am still struggling with the reality of how major of a procedure I had and how it will significantly change my life. 

On days like this Most days, I look at quotes trying to find encouragement and I keep coming back to a few.  The most frequent is on a magnet my grandmother gave me a few weeks before she passed away.  I can't help to think that she meant every word on that magnet knowing that my road in life would be the less traveled, the one under construction, and that I in my own self destruction, tunnel vision manner would need the extra kick in the butt on trying days. 


Although it is just a silly magnet, it helps get me through the cloudy days.

This is my wish for you: comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes,
rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to
warm your heart, hugs when spirits sad, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships
to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for
when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth,
love to complete your life. 

- anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment