Friday, December 23, 2011

So off Asian Food

Here's the story as told by me:  I love Asian food, Asian infusion type cafes, Hibachi style restaurants, I like them all.  I mean what's not to like, rice, noodles, veggie, meat combo with a variety of sauces, seasonings, and hello SUSHI!

So why am I not loving Asian food?  First of all, I got food poisoning from eating an Asian rice bowl at a popular restaurant chain in the Colorado... 4 days before Thanksgiving.  It was beyond an awful experience; this was my first and hopefully but highly unlikely only encounter with food poisoning.  Let's just say I was sicker than I've ever been, but hey on the bright side I was really only one stomach flu away from reaching my goal pre-Holiday weight!  haha KIDDING!!

After this "life experience", I decided that I was going to take sometime off from Asian food or rice and peanut sauce rather.  After nearly a month, I thought you know what: I want some rice, I want some sushi, I want potstickers, bring it on.  Perfect timing, I was headed up to Fort Collins to visit my FOCO family and Sushi was on the dinner menu.

December 16, 2011  I had a fabulous time chatting with my FOCO family, eating like a fat kid, enjoying every single minute of my time until....I broke out in full body HIVES attack looking like a bad case of leprosy!  Seriously, I have the worst luck sometimes haha!  I kid you not, I got to my friends house after dinner super itchy.  I didn't think much about it until the next day when my skin was on fire.  I wasn't completely sure that I had hives or maybe I didn't want to believe it, however I am sure thankful my bestie's wonderful mother made me go to Walgreens with her.  She was right, I was having an allergic reaction to what I had eaten the night before and breakfast.

So what'd I eat: basically soy and dairy; which I knew I was somewhat intolerant of but wondered if I was actually allergic to.  My next item on my agenda; go to an allergist and have them narrow down my allergies because this trial and error stuff is for the birds. 


All I am saying is this: I am legitimately scared of Asian food right now!  Seriously, haha I'm scared of food and it is making me check every single ingredient label!  Food poisoning, followed by a 13 day dose of steroids to combat my leprosy hives ...which I will have you know I've had them for 7 days and counting; smh! 

I know I'll go back to Asian food but for right now- we are on a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment